Dear Chemistry Majors;
Please see below and apply for this scholarship if you are eligible.
Best of lucks!
Dr. Lee Maria Kleiss Chemistry Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Dr. Lee Maria Kleiss for chemistry majors at Fayetteville State University. In 1939, her family escaped from Hitler with only $10. Without a chemistry scholarship from Grinnell College, she would never have become a chemistry professor.
Eligibility: This scholarship is available to students who meet all of these requirements:
- Must be chemistry major at Fayetteville State University (FSU) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have a recommendation from an Fayetteville State University Chemistry faculty member.
- A lower GPA will be considered only in special hardship cases with recommendation from two Fayetteville State University Chemistry faculty members.
- Financial need will be considered.
- Completes the renewal paperwork and provides a certified copy of transcript by date given for renewal.
- Maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Renewability of scholarship will be based on availability of funds.
Cumberland Community Foundation has updated our website with the 2014 information about our scholarship program. We have online applications only. We do not accept paper applications or supporting documentation. Applicants will have the opportunity to upload transcripts and Student Aid Reports and to notify their references via email. All the information needed is located on our website: http://www.cumberlandcf.org/apply.php
The deadline for the Kleiss scholarship applications and supporting documentation is April 4, 2014 by 11:59 PM. Please throw away any paper applications for Cumberland Community Foundation scholarships that you have on file.
Thank you for your help in getting this information to any students you know. Our donors have made these scholarships available so students will have the opportunity to further their education. We are excited to help in this process.
Please contact me if you have any questions. I will be happy to help.
Scholarships/Women’s Giving Circle/Community Relations
Cumberland Community Foundation, Inc.
P. O. Box 2345
Fayetteville, NC 28302
P: 910-483-4449; F: 910-483-2905